Admittedly, tools for the urban professional progressed from being status symbols to essential communication and information tools. In fact, you will neither be caught dead in the office without them nor be tortured into admitting you do not possess them. Some die-hard techie urban professionals even go so far as to name their babies, er, gadgets!
However, even if these tools for the urban professional are not the status symbols they once were, you can still flaunt them! Why, you ask? Well, because these tools for the urban professional can attest to your professional success, your personal taste, and your pursuit of perfection. Here is how.
Choose Only the Best
Often, the best tools for the urban professional are the latest models in the market. This does not mean, however, that you should be beside yourself when something new does come along. You have to assess whether your old cellphone and laptop still suit your lifestyle perfectly or if you need new models to keep updated on new features.
When you do decide that you need the latest features in cellphones and laptops, keep these hottest innovations in mind when searching for your new toys, ahem, tools for the urban professional:
– For cellphones – QWERTY keyboard on smart phones for its ease of use in text messaging; very handy for when you want to make your girlfriend’s day with cute messages and for when you want to tell your boss things that should never be said in his face.
Cellphones with dual connection that allow for both a phone network and a Wi-Fi connection; very useful in traveling in and out of the country as well as for its fast Internet connection.
Look for cellphones with wider music capabilities that deliver entertainment on a wider range with fewer wires, even connect to a Bluetooth. Remember that tools for the urban professional perform multiple functions much as their owners do.
Cameras are the urban professional’s best friend. Look for cellphone cameras with at least 5 megapixel capabilities for that clearer shot. This feature of tools for the urban professional is great for impromptu visits to construction sites and espionage purposes.
– For laptops – Look for high-definition content that allows you to view clearer, sharper and brighter images than with older models. You can always test-run the laptop at the store before actually buying it. If you find one with a mini-remote control like that of Apple’s, snap it up!
Opt for trendier styles with obviously designer touches when considering tools for the urban professional. Nowadays, silver interiors and bright colors are the fashion; forget about your black plastic cases and go for the metallic and the pearlized look instead.
And oh, yes. For both of these tools for the urban professional, the dictum is the slimmer, the better.
Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize
Now that you have these most coveted and most useful of tools for the urban professional, the next logical step is to accessorize them and to make them perfect personal accessories.
– Dress smartly or casually, according to the occasion. While it is true that these tools for the urban professional – cellphones and laptops – go well with any outfit, be sure to dress in a way that befits your stature as an urban professional. Stay away from boho and hobo chic!
– If desired, encase your laptop in a stylish laptop cover. You will be protecting it from dust, scratches and other external damage and considering the cost of these tools for the urban professional, it will be wise to invest in one. However, choose one in solid colors to project an aura of professionalism. Pink Hello Kitty is cute but is not cutthroat.
– Carry your tools for the urban professional in stylish leather cases/bags. Of course, a backpack is fine on casual Saturdays but leather is best for its durability and quality, not to mention its professional style.
– Make sure you have the right accessories for your tools for the urban professional. For laptops, security cables, portable laptop desks, and presentation devices are good investments.
With proper choosing and proper accessorizing, you will come up with tools for the urban professionals that are worth flaunting in front of colleagues. You are making an impression of professional and financial success, good personal taste in your choice of accessories, and your pursuit of perfection in finding the best tools for the urban professional to suit your needs.
But ultimately, the best way to flaunt your tools for the urban professional is to actually know how to use them!